Written by: Joe Lazarich, Council of Rockville Centre, Northeast Region
A good opportunity to increase clothing donations and promote awareness of the Society and the mission is to collaboratively work together with our stores and Conferences to promote and execute clothing drives.
Below are some suggestions to help your drive be successful:
- Select a date and time that is convenient for everyone, including the Pastor.
- Work with the Vincentians to reserve a SVdP truck, if available, or provide a scheduled pick up at the location of the event upon completion.
- Provide donation receipts, as requested.
- Advertise in the church bulletin a few weeks prior to the event.
- Promote on social media to include local groups such as “Moms and Dads.”
- Inform surrounding parishes that do not have an SVdP Conference.
- Ensure Conference members are present to assist and promote SVdP’s mission and fellowship.
- Notify the Religious Education Department to inform their students who can earn volunteer/community service hours for participating in the clothing drive.
Click here to see the attached flyer that can be edited with your store’s clothing drive information.
We’d like to encourage you to attend the National Assembly – Stores Meeting on September 6, 2023 in St. Louis, MO.
The morning will start with a motivational message from Dr. Snyder-Director of the Phoenix’s Dental Clinic. This will be followed by important information about the National Training Store’s growth and success in Phoenix during the last three years. You will hear valuable information that could help your store grow just like the National Store has grown. You will hear two testimonials from Rick Bologna & Bryan Engle about their experience either visiting the National Training Store or had a visit from and assessment done by National Stores Director Jeff Beamguard.
The afternoon will be dedicated to hearing information about store staffing, increasing donations, profitability, Point-of-Sale (POS), sharing of innovative ideas to think of new ways to serve, and information about a future National Training Store in Fairview, IL.
For those attending the Stores Meeting in its entirety on Wednesday, September 6, 2023, they will be eligible for door prizes to include:
$250 Amazon Gift Card, a trip for one to attend the 2024 National Assembly in Phoenix (Restrictions Apply), a trip for one to attend training at the National Training Store in Avondale, AZ (Restrictions Apply), and Dinner for two ($200 value) – Executive Director group only.
You don’t want to miss out!!
Please encourage your store personnel to subscribe to the to the e-Gazette, by emailing email@example.com.
If you have a topic that you would like addressed in a future Stores Corner article, please e-mail our Director of Stores Support-Jeff Beamguard at firstname.lastname@example.org.