In order to better serve our growing number of Spanish-speaking Members, the Society of St. Vincent de Paul, National Council of the United States, seeks an Associate Vincentian Formation Director who is a native Spanish speaker, well-grounded in Catholic faith and teaching, and a dedicated student of Vincentian spirituality and heritage.
Working closely with the National Vincentian Formation Director, the successful candidate will help to provide direction in the spiritual formation and training of the membership of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul in the United States.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience Requirements
- Fluent in spoken and written Spanish; preferably a native Spanish speaker.
- Ability to understand the wider context and create meaning in translation to the target language.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret historical, spiritual, and theological texts, and to convey their meanings in language accessible to lay people of varying educational backgrounds.
- Ability to write reports, correspondence, and procedural manuals reflecting good policies and governance.
- Is a Catholic who understands the teachings and principles of the Catholic Church.
- Knowledge of and experience with the Society of St. Vincent de Paul.
- Knowledge and experience of Vincentian spirituality and heritage.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Comfortable and experienced as a public speaker.
- Education and organizational skills.
- Skills in multitasking.
- Computer skills
- Interpersonal relational skills.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Degree in Pastoral Theology or related experience.
- 3 – 5 years in Lay formation experience.
- In-depth knowledge of the lives of St. Vincent de Paul, St Louise de Marillac, Blessed Frédéric Ozanam, and Blessed Rosalie Rendu.
- Currently a member of the Society or of a Vincentian Family organization.
To read the complete job description, click here.
All interested parties, please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.