The National Council of the United States, Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- Coordinate and execute all areas related to the International Twinning Program, interfaces with and provides reports to the International Twinning Commission Member of the Americas.
- Assists in the fiscal operations of the National Council.
- SVdP U.S. National Council’s first point of contact for the International Twinning Commission of the Americas.
- Administers all matters pertaining to the International Twinning Program and maintains the International Twinning database.
- Maintains the foreign National Presidents database and CGI directory.
- Allocates international twinning donations, acknowledges twinning contributions, disburses donations to foreign National Councils, monitors for compliance, reconciles accounts, prepares reports, and maintains relationships.
- Primary liaison and translator (written and verbal) between SVdP U.S. National Council and Spanish speaking Councils, Conferences, Vincentian members, and those in need.
- Assists in International Grant Making, including preparing forms, assessing risks and monitoring for compliance with SVdP Grant Making Policy.
- Assists in maintaining physical and electronic reports, records, general ledgers, and supporting documents for internal, audit and tax reporting.
- Assists Finance Department with various activities to provide a separation of duties.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information and materials.
- Supports and assists in the implementation of National Strategic Plan goals.
- Other assignments as determined by supervisor.
Skills, Knowledge, Competencies and Experience Requirements
- Bilingual in Spanish and English, both written and verbal.
- High School diploma or equivalent and 2 – 3 years of relevant job experience with a focus in program administration.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, accounting software. Experience in QuickBooks a plus.
- Drive to provide excellent customer service within and outside of an organization.
- Eagerness to function as part of a team.
- Planning, organization, accuracy and detail-oriented.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A passion and commitment to learn and convey the mission, vision, values, and strategic plan of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul.
- Knowledge of not-for-profit operations and Catholic Church teachings..
- Supports the Rule (SVdP USA governance manual) and Bylaws of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul.
- Adheres to policies and procedures of the Society and all pertinent legal regulations.
- Prepares and accomplishes annual performance objectives.
- Participates in annual self-evaluation and performance review.
Position descriptions are an overview of the duties, responsibilities, and requirements of the position. Employees may be required to perform other job-related assignments as requested.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.