A gift of appreciated securities like stocks, bonds, and mutual funds is a great way to help us support nearly 100,000 Society of St. Vincent de Paul volunteers in communities across the country working with the poor in our midst.
Benefits of transferring stock directly:
- You may be able to secure a charitable tax deduction on the full, fair market value of the securities on the date of the gift.
- You can avoid paying capital gains tax on the stock’s appreciation if you owned it for more than a year.
- The National Council will receive the full value of your generosity.
- Stock gifts can be designated toward a specific program or toward the most urgent need.
Note: Make sure you transfer the stock directly to the National Council versus selling it and then sending the proceeds. The value of a gift of stock is based on the average selling price on the day the stock is transferred to us.
Please email Dennis Kempf or call (314) 576-3993 x222 to share the following information, so we can personally thank you and send a tax receipt:
- Name of the stock(s) and number of shares
- Transaction date
- Designation, if applicable
- Name of financial advisor or institution transferring your stock
Transfer Stock Electronically
Provide this information to your stockbroker or financial institution:
Account Information at Buckingham Strategic Wealth:
DTC #: 0226
Account #: 628-178643
Transfer of Physical Stock Certificates
Mail securities and required documents to:
Buckingham Strategic Wealth
8182 Maryland Ave., Ste. 500
St. Louis, MO, 63105
Attn: Tim Jost, CFA
If the security is still in your name, a letter of authorization will be needed to transfer ownership of the security.
Mutual Fund Donations and Foreign Security Gifts
Email Dennis Kempf or call (314) 576-3993 x222 to coordinate delivery.
Gifts of mutual fund shares should be received by our agent, Buckingham Strategic Wealth, by December 15th to ensure processing for the end of the tax year.
IRS Notes (consult with your trusted tax advisor)
- To receive the appropriate tax deduction, a receipt from a charity is required for gifts over $250.
- Security gifts are subject to the IRS deduction limits.
- A mutual fund’s charitable value is determined by the date the security is received in a charity’s designated account.
ACH Funds Transfer
Instructions are available upon request. Please email Dennis Kempf or call (314) 576-3993 x222 for details.
Your generosity supports the Society of St. Vincent de Paul USA’s mission of helping Vincentians to grow in holiness and build a more just world through personal relationships with and service to people in need. For questions and/or assistance, please contact:
Director of Philanthropy
(314) 576-3993 x222
We are so grateful for your faith and generosity!
Legal Title: National Council of the United States, Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Inc.
Tax ID#: 13-5562362
Address to mail gifts: 66 Progress Parkway,Maryland Heights, MO 63043-3706